Why a newsletter?
How often do you contact your clients and prospects? Why not use the power of e-mail to increase your profile, your credibility and/or publicise your latest offers?
By providing the recipients with useful information and special offers they view your communication positively. It’s easy to write or find news snippets, hints & tips, full-blown articles & documents, all related to your area of expertise. Written well and wrapped with a little sparkle or humour, your newsletters could be something that your contacts actually look forward to receiving.
How does it work?
You could use Outlook (or similar e-mail client) to send out a newsletter. There are a number of problems with this:
- Sending in bulk doesn’t allow personalisation – the newsletter can’t start ‘Dear xxxxx’
- Personalising the newsletter is only possible by sending them out one by one – impractical for large groups and lists
- E-mails sent out via Outlook etc to bulk lists are often interpreted as SPAM by most SPAM filters
The way around this is to use an e-mail engine. An e-mail engine takes a template (see below) with the content you want to send and inserts the recipient details one by one. Assuming you store the full names of your contacts each newsletter can start ‘Dear Simon’ or ‘Dear Mrs Francis’ etc.
E-mail engines can be set up in-house or used via external e-mail specialists. If you have the in-house expertise and time, the internal option can be worthwhile. For many companies the external option (via companies like Clarihon) is the answer.
How will they know it’s me?
Each newsletter is produced from a template. The template contains header and footer sections plus various middle sections like content list, articles, links, offers, feature story etc. This template is designed to complement your branding and/or web site so that anyone receiving it will know it’s from you.
We can help with all aspects of e-mail marketing via newsletters from the design & creation of the template, finding the content, preparing & sending it out and monitoring the delivery and response.
If you’d like to energise your electronic communications with clients and prospects, please contact us on or via .
What our customers have said about us
- "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding of our particular business and potential customers. We are very pleased with the excellent job you made of our web site. We are very encouraged with its results and have received very positive leads, comments and orders. Please be assured that we will have no hesitation in recommending Clarihon to others."
- Andrew Sims, Director, Safesite SW
- "We have a web site that we are immensely proud of and which has attracted praise from a wide variety of sources. I am pleased to say that it was all achieved at a very reasonable cost. I would have no hesitation in recomending Clarihon to sort out your web site needs, whatever the size of your company."
- Adrian Smith, MD, Mortimer Chocolate Company
- Nigel was brilliant at guiding me through the requirements without confusing me with jargon. During our discussions, he demonstrated endless patience and allowed me to progress the project at a pace with which I was comfortable. His aim to 'satisfy customers needs' was always evident and he was ready to answer any questions I had without making me feel inadequate. Throughout I was confident that the end result would be exactly what I wanted - and it was!
- Fiona Dukes, Fiona Dukes HR
- "Clarihon have been a real pleasure to work with, their support and advice have been instrumental to the success of getting our recent Business event off the ground. I look forward to our next project together."
- Regan Bailey, Business Development Manager, St Mellion Hotel, Golf & Country Club